Tailor your Breeding Programme to Your Needs with PIC®DamRight
Many Producers operate Rotational Cross Breeding Programmes. They see the advantages of these programmes including:
- Minimise the risk of disease introduction
- Allow better gilt integration and acclimatisation
- Save on gilt transport cost
- Are easier to operate compared to maintaining a GGP/GP programme
- Provide some flexibility on genetic choice
The challenge with any rotational cross system is the failure to maximise heterosis on your parent animals and the opportunity to drive faster selection compared to using a full pure line index that impacts all traits in the index that you get when operating a GGP/GP programme or purchasing parent gilts.
PIC DamRight unleashes both, the combined power of the World’s largest genetic management programme and an unrivalled palette of the highest index pure Dam Lines upon your herds cross breeding programme to deliver a tailored breeding programme which will can deliver more money from your herd.
PIC DamRight is based on 3 pillars:
- PICTraq® managed to maximise opportunity
- A choice of 5 Dam Lines to match your optimal requirements
- Access to Dam Line Semen with higher genetic merit to maximise your financial performance
With PIC DamRight Producers who have opted for a Rotational Cross Breeding System will increase genetic capture and gain more money from their herds.