PIC UK Webinars
Here you find webinars recorded by PIC UK.
Recording of the live webinar held on April 7, 2021
Following on from part two in PIC UK’s Spring Webinar Series, which again achieved record attendance from UK producers, we bring the final webinar in this series. This presentation will look at Total Nutrient Intake, and assess the economics of reducing feed costs when prices are high to increase margins.
Our speakers are Ronan Casserly (PIC Europe Nutrition Manager) and Sebastian Casiro (PIC UK Technical Services Manager).
In this webinar we will:
- Explore the efficiency the PIC Camborough® delivers in terms of feed cost per weaned pig
- Explore the impact of feeding cheaper, lower energy diets on overall efficiency
- Analyse the economic impact of this with a Return-On-Investment analysis
Recording of the live webinar held on March 27,02021
In part two we focus on the Sireline impact on overall FCR in UK systems and the impact this has on overall profitability.
In this webinar we will:
- Explore the genetic trends we see in PIC nucleus populations and assessing the impact of this on customer farms in the UK.
- Compare how PIC terminal sirelines stack up to other options in the UK market in commercial trials.
- Analyse what these FCR improvements will mean in reducing feed usage and improving profitability.
Recording of the live webinar held on March 10, 2021
Focus on the impact PIC damlines can have on improving FCR
- Often the producer focus is on producing robust sows or driving Pig/Sow/Year numbers. However, very little attention is paid to the Damline impact on Feed Conversion Ratio in finisher pigs.
- We’ll be exploring the financial returns of what improving FCR via Damline genetics can do for your bottom line.
- Explore improvements PIC Genetics Programme delivers in improving FCR in our nucleus populations
- Explore the advantage PIC Genetics deliver in Real-World trials.
- Analyse what these FCR improvements mean in reducing feed costs and improving the profitability of our producers.
Recording of the live webinar held on December 16, 2020
This webinar will provide an overview of how objectively scoring and managing body condition via calipers can increase sow longevity in your herd.
We aim to bring you:
- Accurate information about how managing sow condition can improve performance, as validated by the data collected from our Technical Services Teams recent trials across Europe.
- Training on how to accurately utilise these calipers and manage your sow feed curves to achieve the best results.
Recording of the live webinar held on Nov 19, 2020
- A short, up-to-date account of the current situation in Germany
- First-hand experiences of how the Russian pig industry managed to continually grow their sector, while effectively combating the spread of ASF through their country at the same time.
The webinar puts a focus on the farm specific actions and biosecurity measures put into place in Russia and provide an outline of actions that might be applicable to the UK industry and producers.
- Dr Tim Snider – PIC Europe’s Health Assurance Director
- Jack Keane – PIC Russia Commercial Director
Recording of the live webinar held on June 10, 2020
ASF, Covid-19 and a volatile global picture
As we all know the pig industry is a global industry and any commercial pig producer is somehow affected. There are several factors influencing the global and regional flow of pigs and pork products.
This webinar will cover:
- Potential impacts of African Swine Fever
- How will China’s pig industry develop and what might be the impact for the global industry?
The webinar is presented by Matt Culberston, PIC’s Global Product Development Director, where he shares some insights on the global industry and gives his view of future developments.
Recording of the on-demand webinar (July 27 – 31, 2020)
This webinar will review some ON-FARM CONSIDERATIONS on how best to MANAGE AI.
The webinar will:
- Review why good AI handing is crucial to achieving good reproductive performance on farm.
- Review which gilt management techniques can be effective in improving reproductive performance.
- Provide an objective framework to ensure consistent AI handing and gilt management to maximise on-farm performance.
Recording of the on-demand webinar (July 13 – 17, 2020)
This webinar will be focused on how we can MANAGE BEHAVIOURAL CHALLENGES on commercial pig units.
The webinar will:
- Review considerations that determine behaviours and the extent to which different factors influence.
- Highlight how genetic potential impacts on management and husbandry considerations.
Recording of the on-demand webinar (June 29 – July 3, 2020)
This webinar will be focused on understanding HUMAN-ANIMAL INTERACTION.
The webinar will aim to:
- Understand the fundamentals of pig behaviour.
- Review the impact of environmental and husbandry strategies across production stages in relation to health, welfare and productivity.
- Provide an objective framework for maximising positive interactions for both pig and stock people.
Recording of the on-demand webinar (June 15 – 19)
This webinar will be focused on how you can get the most out of your gilts.
The webinar will:
- Review why effective gilt management is crucial to maximise performance.
- Provide an objective framework for consistent Gilt Development Unit (GDU) management strategies.
- Review the key environmental and husbandry factors that lead to reductions in productivity and gilt “drop-out”
Revisit the online event held from May 9-13, 2020
Regrettably the 2020 British Pig and Poultry Fair was cancelled…
But PIC invited to our Virtual Pig Fair where we will be sharing details of our new products.
Our team presented to you:
- The PIC380 – PIC’s new sireline product
Craig Lewis, PhD – Genetic Services & Product Development for PIC Europe, Russia, and Africa
- PICDamRight – PIC’s new offering to producers using rotational cross breeding programmes
Steve Furniss – Commercial Director PIC UK and Ireland,
& Nick Butler – Key Account Manager PIC UK
- Biosecure Semen Delivery Unit – Biosecure AI Delivery Unit offered by Hermitage Technologies DAC
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly altered our day-to-day lives, and has led to drastic changes in the way we all work.
Here at PIC, we want to utilise our global network of resources to provide support and ideas on how to manage your farm business in the face of this crisis.
This presentation includes:
- Information to help you keep running your business in a sustainable way.
- Support and advice on how to protect yourself, your family and your farm workers.
- Ideas and support on training and the implementation of new standard operating procedures that may come into place in the wake of COVID-19
Tim Snider, DVM, MPH
PIC Europe, Russia, and Africa – Director of Health Assurance
The live event was held on April 22, 2020.